Who is eligible to enter the essay contest?
Students must meet all three of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled and attending a Career and Technology Education class or program.
- A high school junior or senior.
- A member of a minority race.
- Essay theme is “Why I Chose Career and Technology Education as Part of My Career Pathway”.
- Papers should be typed double spaced; font size 12.
- Length of essay is 500 words minimum and 700 words maximum.
- Include a cover sheet with your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, school name, program name, grade, the name, phone number, and e-mail address of your Career Tech instructor.
- Include a color picture with your name printed on the back. Pictures will not be returned.
- Postmarked deadline to submit essay is Friday, March 3, 2017. No emailed essays will be accepted.
What are the winning categories?
- First Place - $250.00
- Second Place - $175.00
- Third Place - $100.00
Where are essays to be sent?
Mail completed essays to:
OAMCTE Essay Chair
9017 E. 40th Place
Tulsa, OK 74145
When will winners be notified?
Winning essay writers will be notified by Friday, April 7, 2017
Who to contact if you have questions?
- Carolyn Leach at (918) 746-8533; firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Cliff Harris at (918) 519-4233; email@example.com